Cloaking Clouds

Friday 1 May 2015

Busy Days for Me.

Busy, busy, busy.

For those who are interested, I haven't blogged for awhile in how things are going for me. 

Medications were switched last year and are working well. The stress from last year was overwhelming me and had put me into a depression but not as severe as the last one. 

Since last summer things have been a lot better and I have been working very hard at getting myself back into a mental state of being able to return to work. YAH.

There are a few options, but many are quite expensive as it would cost more in fuel than I would make...but the Dodsland Arena which is not even five minutes away is looking for a caretaker next season...starting in October...and that would give me a bit of time to 1. make darn sure I am mentally up for it and 2. I would be able to get my gardening done and dealt with for the season. Which is all to the good.

Keagan keeping me busy with the driving to the school for track and field now and badminton before that has helped boost my get up and go spirit as well. Finding her a Cello teacher who lives 20 minutes away is also a bonus. 

It is a 20 minute drive there and back to the school three times a week and a 40 minute drive to Cello once a week. There is no funding for fuel cost to get Keagan to these programs, all out of pocket so the cost of fuel is going to skyrocket for me but it is worth seeing her busy and happy. 

Gardening is getting started the flower beds are getting cleaned out and flowers are starting to sprout all over. Some bulbs my Aunt gave me last Easter are coming up this year so it will be nice to see what they look like. :) 

I have moved our specialty gardening boxes out of the gardening area so we will have more area to plant peas, carrots and beans. While still having the space to plant our lettuce, radishes, zucchini, cucumbers, etc. 


original site


new site

Keagan will be helping me this weekend by loading the trailer and pulling it with the tractor to fill the boxes with dirt from the garden area after I put the landscaping fabric down under them. 


I am going to leave a few boxes empty this year only because if the landscape fabric does not keep the grass from growing through I will dig out the sod by hand this fall and fill it in properly, but why do all that if the fabric works right?

The dirt I am hauling for the boxes is from on the other side of the lilac bushes you can see in the distance in the second picture. I have been doing it with the wheelbarrow, and my legs can tell you that...but it will go much faster with Keagans help...I hate driving the tractor and I know she loves to...;)

She does well with a standard tractor and her first driving lesson with the car went well. She is becoming a very smart,independent, young lady. She will need a doctors note to say she will be able to drive as she is missing her left hand and legally she will have to drive with her prosthetic...I cannot wait until the 3D printing prosthetics are available worldwide for all...but how many of us actually drive with two hands?

We all have our stresses, I am trying not to take on other peoples stresses only trying to advise where I can and not getting upset if my advice isn't taken...

I smile and nod when they screw up because they didn't take my advice, instead of screaming like I used to. 

While Brandon lives with his father 3 hours away, we do talk and spend time together. I feel close to him and he has been told numerous times that he can come to me about anything, which he has. We have even discussed his moving out to the farm...something that would make his mother immensely happy but now that he is an adult it is completely up to him. 

Brandon tells me that living on the farm has mellowed me out and it is good for me. I don't yell anymore. Like I said, I allow others to make their own mistakes without yelling at them or tell them "I told you so"...well, that one slips out once in a while yet, 

But on the whole I am trying to communicate better with others, which is difficult for me because I hate asking others for help or asking for things. 

Anyways, while it might seem like I am down because of the topics I discuss things are going well for me. I discuss these topics because I think they are important, not because I am depressed. 

Thank you for reading and have a great day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment